Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yesterday all our troubles seemed so far away -

As we sat by the pool and shared stories.

I didn't get the Deborah's till around six as I was visiting with a client. My cell phone rang twice with questions from two different people asking for the locations of Deborah's house and when I got there….

Neither of them were there. But there weren't any cars in the front of her house, so it did look odd, till I spied Mary's red truck parked in the back by the pool.

Deborah's daughter directed me to the kitchen door. Deborah Klassen (the hostess), Mary Schroer, Karen Hill, Brenda Durant and Pat Moss were standing around the island in the kitchen. Deborah poured me a glass of wine, and before long we were joined by other latecomers: Sharon Johnston, Barb Meeks, Linda Henderson, and Sallie Metzel.

Great discussions and company. Thanks to Deborah for having us! There were three or four with suits under coverups, but no one ventured into the pool.

No one has offered to host for July yet. However, Cheryl has assured me that Pastel is always a backup.

Laura DiSano has suggested a directory of WBAers. Anyone interested in running with this?

Carolyn is apparently doing better, slowly. She's still in ICU but hopefully getting out next week.

Betts had offered to bring meals (for 4) on Saturday, the 21st.
Nancy on Monday the 23rd
Samm on Friday the 27th

As a reminder, their home number is 706-651-9067. Please call for times to drop off; Dennis is generally home after 6:30 pm. Their address is 3760 Evans to Locks Rd.


Happy Friday!

Sandy

No comments: